AWeber has been in the autoresponder business since 1998 and they are the #1 autoresponder used by bloggers and small businesses today. There is a good reason for this. Aweber is the most popular autoresponder out there mainly because of it’s ease of use and awesome email reliability. Plus there are a host of other reasons why, which I will detail in this Aweber review.
Why I Choose AWeber
When you first started looking around for an autoresponder, I realized that there are quite a lot of choices out there. There was Aweber, GetResponse, MailChimp, InfusionSoft and a bunch more. If you are not familiar with autoresponders in general, it is easy to get confused by the terminology used on sales pages of each service. So why then did I choose AWeber as my autoresponder of choice?
Basically, because of social proof.
The best way I feel to pick an autoresponder is to see what other bloggers and websites are using.
If an autoresponder was unreliable and bad, then nobody would be use it, right?
Fortunately it is actually quite simple to do some research on this. What I did was sign up to list after list to see what different bloggers were using. What I saw was that more than 80% of the time they were using AWeber. If it’s good enough for people like Ben Settle, Pat Flynn and Glen Allsop, then it’s good enough for me.
Just to confirm, I also did some additional research looking at different forums and blogs which talked about the best autoresponders. Aweber came up the most with the most positive reviews easily.
Why Aweber is great
Ok, so now you know that everyone uses Aweber. But what about their service makes it so good?
1) Easy to setup your list – Creating your first email list doesn’t require you to be a rocket science. Each step in the process has easy to follow the Step by step wizards for everything you need to do. And if you’re a visual learner, you can watch the accompanying videos as well.
2) Reliable email delivery – This is probably the most important aspect about any autoresponder. If the emails you send out keep landing in your subscriber’s spam boxes then what’s the point? For your email marketing campaigns to succeed, your emails need to be read.
Aweber has been in business for a long time, and they know how to get your emails to your subscribers. They implement proven methods (SPF and DomainKey) for authenticating your emails and filter each email your send through their content filters to check if your email will get flagged as spam.
3) Powerful Analytics – Aweber provides all the stats you needs to optimize your email marketing campaigns. You can tell exactly who opened your emails and which links they clicked on. Combined with their split testing features, you can easily improve your open rates by looking at the stats for your campaigns.
If you are selling products, you can take advantage of their conversion tracking features to track how your subscribers go through your website from each email.
All this data make it much easier to pinpoint what aspects of your email campaigns are working, and to help you optimize each campaign to achieve the maxmium possible ROI.
4) Create Nice Looking Email Forms – The Aweber optin form creator gives you lots of different templates and designs to start from. So even if you are not a designer, you can still create awesome looking optin-forms using the built in editor. Plus, since AWeber is so popular, there are a lot of 3rd party optin-form templates to choose from as well.
5) Advanced Scheduling Features – What makes an autoresponder and autoresponder is the ability to schedule your messages to go out in a specific sequence and at the time you want. You can segment your messages to different sets of subscribers or to different lists. Aweber gives you total control over this process in an easy to use way.
6) Great Support – Lastly, Aweber is known for their fantastic support. You get both phone and email support during regular business hours. While I’ve only had to use their support a handful of times, they have always been fast and helpful in their responses.
Aweber’s pricing is competitive with other autoresponders services. It uses a tiered pricing structure where you pay more monthly depending on how many subscribers you have.
|# Subscribers||Monthly Price|
If you want to dip your toe in the water, then you can try them out for $1 for the first month. This lets you have up to 500 email subscribers and send unlimited emails. Don’t forget to check out our AWeber discount page to save an additional 15%.
It’s important to choose the right autoresponder from the beginning. That’s because once you start adding more and more subscribers to your lists, it becomes harder to move your lists to another autoresponder service. Aweber is the proven leader for providing an easy to use, reliable autoresponder service. It just works, and if you do any email marketing at all, you will definitely be happy with it.